Complementary Medicine Community
Detrol LA not working or is it just in my head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Hi im 16 male, And iv suddenly got'en the erg to pee about 2 weeks ago now.
Iv been peeing constantly about 20-30 times a day 1-3 times an hour about 3-4 days ago i went to my doctor and did the ''Urine test'' to see if i had anything wrong and i checked out fine nothing wrong with blood and all that good stuff so he put me on Detrol LA and said this should stop the constant erg to urinate.
So first day on it when i got home that afternoon i took the pill and was going fine after that up in tell about 2pm the next day when it came back so i waited and took my pill at 6 like i did the day be for but after 5 hours it still did not kick in so again i urinated about 1-3 times an hour untell the next day and again at 6pm  i took it 5 hours later still nothing now its on the 3rd day and i took it earlier this morning around 2:30pm and still nothing, He said this might all be from stress but i do not think it is i don't really have a stressed life at all other then me skipping school like a normal teenager, Iv thought about it being all in my head and ended up for the last 6-9 hours every minute trying to get my mind off not peeing in my pants and really.. it work's but.. there is a catch every time it goes away for the 3-5 minutes iv got my mind set on some thing else i screw my self by thinking, well maybe its gone and its all in my head and by doing that i think of the urge to pee and again it comes back and i find my self squeezing my thighs together and well my penis haha in between, BTW i do not have a burning feeling when i pee so its no UTI the only thing i can think of is some thing in my bladder that is messing up and instead of holding the urine it just lets it go pass freely like 2 tunnels 1 is blocked the other is open but is suppost to be closed. sorry if this is to long but idk if the meds are suppost to cancel out the urine completely so i don't have urges or is it suppost to decrease it little by little and im on this pill for 2 weeks once a day, Btw can i ask what i can not do while taking this med for ex: Masturbate/Drink caffen/Eat fast food Stuff like that if anyone can tell me anything about any of my questions that would mean the world to me cause really.. lets face it IT ***** to have to pee non stop. Thanks :)
I suggest seeing a Urologist!