Complementary Medicine Community
Epstein Barr Convalescent stage length?

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Epstein Barr Convalescent stage length?

How long can the "convalescent" stage of Epstein Barr Virus last?  Especially the fatigue!!  My daughter had Mono about 17 years ago and is now in college when this hit her... and hit HARD.  She's in exam week, and there is no time for rest to re-coup... Also, any alternative meds that can aleviate the fatigue & other common symptoms???  
I'm a desperate concerned Mom :(
It can last everything from 6 weeks to a few years...in some rare cases, it can lead to burn out and chronic fatigue syndrom (syndrome).
I know it is hard, but a healthy diet and enough sleep should help her to get through.
Some say vitamins help, others say the special carbohydrate diet helped...
You should look for a self-help forum for people with CFS and convalescent eppstein barr, like Phoenix rising. They will probably know more about that since they have tried alot.

Good luck!