Complementary Medicine Community
HIV & Sharps Biohazard Container.

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

HIV & Sharps Biohazard Container.

Hi, I would like to ask a question and before I do please no funny or rude comments as I am truly suffering from HIV OCD. I am truly struggling with this on a daily basis and am getting psychological treatment. I was in the hospital doing a test and I keep thinking that I put my hand in the sharps biohazard container. Can you get HIV this way if you stuck your hand in a bio hazard sharps container? I don't even go to doctors or hospitals anymore b/c of how bad my HIV OCD is and am working hard on it now. It is a huge reason I avoid dr. offices and hospitals but I can't stop thinking this happened so somebody humor me and tell me what is the possibilty of getting HIV through this incident from a sharps container? Thanks and sorry for troubling you all.
Hey,

In suffering of the same thing. I guess the anxiety and ocd makes up things that didnt happen. I had a blood draw where i assumed the nurse gave the needle tip a wipe. You cab read my story. In also battlibg with this fear since last month. My first fear lasted 3 months and was about her forgetting to get a new needle. But i concurred that fear so now im thinking she reused it because of there werent enough needles left. Even though everyone is telling me no risk and my gp refused to give me a test i still have these what if thoughts. Its all in out heads and believe me we are not the only one. I can tell u that u didnt stick ur hand in the container as u can tell me the nurse didnt wipe the tip but it still is stuck in our head vecause of the fear of hiv. I read that testing just feeds the ocd so maybe it better to not do thus. Instead f it keep battling the fear nog hiv because that is obviously not our problem. I sound so wise but yet im also living with this fear.