Medicines against High Blood Pressure
A month ago my mother was confined in the hospital. The doctor prescribed her these following medicines: Plogrel; Crestor; Plendil; and Carvid.

Please help me to understand what kind of medication my mother have. Since shes taking these pills, she is very often tired and have sore throat. Her next schedule to see her doctor will be next month, but im too worried about her condition, it might these medicines are too strong for her... please help!!!!

I thank you all for the information you provide... God Bless!!!

Doctors in hospitals assume emergency situations and try to stabilize the patient.  For long-term treatment, you need a diagnosis.  She's on blood pressure medication and meds for cholesterol, but docs often just pile this stuff on.  Only way to know if she needs it or if there are safer alternatives is to see a specialist.  With a definite diagnosis, you can research different modalities of treatment.
Sesame and Rice Bran Oils: Healthy Fatty Acids
According to new research conducted by the American Heart Association, people who incorporated a blend of both sesame and rice bran oils into their cooking reduced their blood pressure significantly. Additionally, consumption of the oil blend coupled with high blood pressure medication produced even more optimal results among average aged men and women. Fatty acids and antioxidants found in the oils are likely helping to reduce blood pressure.

High cholesterol among test subjects also saw a decline, with a 26 percent decrease in LDL's (bad cholesterol) and a 9.5 percent increase in HDL's (good cholesterol). "Rice bran oil, like sesame oil, is low in saturated fat and appears to improve a patient's cholesterol profile," says Devarajan Sankar, MD, Ph.D., a research scientist in the Department of Cardiovascular Disease at Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital in Chikushino, Japan, in the AHA press release.