Complementary Medicine Community
Mr

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Mr

My german shepard is on Dasuquin w/ msm
My vet says GNC has an equivalent but I don't know what it is

Norm C
There are a ton of joint supplements for dogs.  I wouldn't recommend anything at GNC, especially their store brand, personally -- not the most reputable company.  The difference here is two things:  the forms of the chondrointon and the glucosamine may or not be the best for a dog, but aren't for a human, and the avocado is definitely unusual, so that might be hard to find elsewhere.  But again, there are many many dog supplements for the joints that might be different but work just as well or better -- a question no one can answer definitively.