Ms Boll aged 59
I have come off amoldipine because the side effects were very unpleasant and have started
on atenolol 25mg.  I have a very phsical job and felt very lerthagic and tired for the first few days of taking them which is affecting my work.  How long until these side effects wear off.  I was diagnosed with very high blood pressure nearly 4 years ago and have been on lisiniprol and amoldipine but as I stated the side effects became unbearable.  Being of a depressive and anxiety  fulled nature due to incidents in my past I am very very too much aware of how I feel phsically all the time.  Would it be beneficial to take atenolol at night I do like a couple of glasses of red wine in the evenings
Try this natural method to control your blood pressure and depression. Do the pranayam for 30 minutes, twice a day and you will have something positive to tell me in 4 to 6 weeks.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
March 20, 2011