POISON IVY SITES - TO COVER? OR NOT TO COVER?
Is it best to leave sites of poison ivy infections COVERED?  or UNcovered?  I have a SEVERE breakout of poison ivy (or oak - not sure which one, exactly), and am afraid that the clear liquid oozing out of the worst sites will actually cause the rash to spread.  But - then again, I'm also afraid that COVERING it will prevent its ability to dry out and eventually HEAL.  What's best??
http://www.medicinenet.com/poison_ivy/page3.htm#4whatis

Fels Naptha
Here's another soap with healing qualities. Fels Naptha has been used for more than a century to clear away poison ivy. It costs about $2 a bar and is still on most grocery and drugstore shelves.
Rinse the affected area with water as hot as you can stand, and then wash with Fels Naptha to remove any remaining poison ivy resin.
You can also try taking the homeopathic remedy rhus tox -- basically diluted poison ivy.  Helps some heal more quickly.  You don't need to cover it, but you also don't want to take a bath or rub one part with a towel and then touch another part of your body, etc. -- that will make it spread.