Complementary Medicine Community
Please Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Please Help

I'm a 37 yr old mother of 4. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia along with SO many other ailments that go along with this. I've seen many doctors, had many tests, all of them have different ways to treat, I've tried several. I just don't even know where to begin to try & get it under control. Nothing these doctors have done has helped & its just getting progressively worse. So much muscle pain & weakness. My youngest is 2 & I am afraid to hold him because of the pain it causes & then the weakness. I just want to find a serious doctor willing to help me work through all of this, someone that has extensive knowledge with this. How do I find this? I've lost trust in the medical field. I mean, I understand this is a hard thing to treat & it takes time & trial & error but when something's coming back wrong & my doctor just says, well, I just don't know" what am I to think? Please help.
My wife has fibromyalgia and for the past few years I have her doing Yoga and have bought her Exercise Resistance Bands they come in different colors that represent different strengths. You should start off very light and only about 2-3 reps. As time goes by you should feel better and slowly increase the repetitions. It has helped my wife immensely! Talk to your doctor first!!  
As someone who managed health food stores for 18 years until a few years ago, I was seeing people with this before doctors even recognized it as an illness.  What they were doing was using diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes to make themselves stronger as opposed to taking painkillers and getting needless surgeries that weaken you.  If it were me, and it isn't, I'd see a naturopath or holistic nutritionist or practitioner of integrated medicine and not a regular doctor for this problem, given there's not known cause and no known cure.  The best you can do unless they find a hidden virus or something is to strengthen your system the best you can by eating only organically grown foods (to keep out weakening chemicals and weakened food), juicing, avoid all foods you can't tolerate or which are common weakening foods such as dairy and wheat and factory farmed animal food, and take supplements and herbs which are strengthening, not weakening.  There are many books on this, so you can do a lot of studying on your own before seeing anyone and see if this approach might suit you.  There are no guarantees, but I've seen several people improve their lives a while lot with this approach.  Good luck.
Thanks so much! I'll look into this~
Thanks for responding! I'll check this out sometime.