Complementary Medicine Community
Raw

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Raw

Can I pick your learned minds yet again, what does it mean on the Adrenal Spport Capsules I am taking, it says' Raw Gland'....sounds horrible what does it mean?
Marg, I don't have to much of my mind left after the brain tumor was removed! :-) :^)

Glands form part of the endocrine system. The pituitary gland under the brain controls all the other glands in the body. Glands control how fast you grow, how your body burns food for energy and other bodily functions. Glands produce chemical secretions or excretions that regulate bodily functions. The whole body suffers when they malfunction. The underlying theory in Glandular Therapy is that by ingesting glandular material from a certain animal gland, the corresponding human gland will work better. Glandulars also refer to other organ parts of the body that are taken as supplements, including extract from the heart, spleen, pancreas and liver.
P.S. I love raw clams and Sushi!!
Still dont get it ,talk about pea brain,I mean Me,so are the glands from cadavers, animals , or do folks donate a gland or two?
Animal!! Marg, I'm not calling you animal!!  are the Capsules from a doctor or over the counter? if it's over the counter give me the name and manufacturer and I will try and check to see if it's ok by consumerlab.
Brian
They are by Solaray from my local heath food store I have also had their own brand Sprouts Adrenal Support.....he he I am an animal, sometimes ..