Complementary Medicine Community
Tough cattarh

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Tough cattarh

I've a real bad cold with very touch cattarh in my throat, I've been told by an Indian friend of mine to inhale Turmeric steam, has anyone heard of that before and do they think this is a good idea?
Thank you.
Steam inhalation of turmeric water. Add a 'pinch of turmeric powder (haldi) to 15 to 20ml of water.
Also eat 3 almonds and 3 whole black pepper - chew slowly, let it mix with saliva and let the juice go down the throat slowly.
You may increase the dose to 5 almonds and 5 whole black pepper for very bad cough/cold/cattarrh.
May 13, 2011