Complementary Medicine Community
Which B vitamins ones will keep you awake at night?

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Related to my last post about B1. Reading up on B vitamins for hypo thyroid induced nerve issues and muscle pain.

I take magnesium too, its low in hypothyroid people, but not calcium as I test fine for it. I take most supplements with my evening meal to separate them from thyroid med which I take 3 times a day. Yes 3 X day, T3 users sometimes need to.

1)From what I have previously though, it was B6 that gives you energy- enough to keep you awake if taken at night, correct?

2)B1 does not have a 'energy' effect does it?

3)And B12, If I experiment with a better one, will that keep me awake? (I was tested for it, was mid range while on it!), but could not tell of any benefits. So maybe need to try a better brand?

thanks
I use B12 injections for the neuropathy from my hypothyroidism and Hashi's.  It helps tremendously! BUT I only do it in the morning. Last dosage of any B's should be early afternoon, unless you plan on staying alert and awake later....lol
So any B's add energy?

Then I guess its best for me to take them with lunch.