Complementary Medicine Community
can medications cause fibromyalgia
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can medications cause fibromyalgia

I would like to know if drugs such as levaquin and cipro  and the medicines they use to keep a person in a medical coma can cause fibromyalgia or symptoms like it that persist once the person is recovered from the original illness.I had a bad asthma attack nine months ago,was put in a medical coma for respiratory failure because of it.I have had every test or almost.cbc,autoimmune,hiv,hep c,b,a.I have had emg,eeg,nerve conduction,brain mri,cervical spine.blood tests for inflamation (inflammation),heavy metals etc.. vitamin levels,thyroid probably some more that I have missed.I had alot of meds in the hospital.My lung function is good and everything else seems good but my toes get numb,I have abnormal sensations,sore throats,burning tounge,bone aches,warts on my fingers and adult acne and worn out fatigue feelings.I would like to know if these could be caused by my past meds.In the past nine months I have been on cipro,leavaquin,vancomycin,flagyl,catapres,reglan,xanax,fentanyl,lanis plus all while I was in the hospital.
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Both drugs are of a class called flouroquinolones, and both have been linked to damage to the tendons and pain in the muscles. Levaquin mostly. For some reason Cipro doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Levaquin is associated wih long-term muscular aches and pains.