Complementary Medicine Community
gallstone

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

gallstone

i am drinking 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice every 15 minutes til i consume 1 pint of olive oil to help relieve my gallstone.  when would it be a good time to eat.
When bile stagnates in the gallbladder, gallstones can form, leading
to possible bacteria growth. This situation often triggers gallbladder
attacks that spur severe cramping and pain, particularly if the
gallstones block the bile duct — the tube connecting the gallbladder to
the small intestine.
You can effectively prevent such attacks by regularly using the herb curcumin, which stimulates the gallbladder to release its bile. Curcumin also has antibacterial
and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent infections and inflammation in the organ.
One of the most common medications known to destroy liver cells is acetaminophen (as found in Tylenol). Even when taken in recommended amounts.
Several powerful nutrients have been shown to help protect liver cells from damage inflicted by toxins and toxic medications. Grapefruit, quercetin and curcumin all reduce the toxicity of acetaminophen as well as a number of other toxins. N-acetyl-L-cysteine
(NAC) and methionine are also both effective in  treating acetaminophen poisoning.
patients with viral hepatitis have been seen when alpha-lipoic acid, silymarin (milk-thistle extract), NAC and selenium were used.
Taurine, indole-3 carbinol, the carotenoids, acetyl-L carnitine and natural forms of vitamin E
are also powerful nutrients that can help protect the liver. All can be found in natural health stores. Ellagic acid — a nutrient found in most berries, especially raspberries — also protects the liver.
My uncle was a very moderate doctor who felt that surgery was the last resort, after everything else had been tried. My grandmother developed gall-bladder trouble. He felt she was too old and too weak for an operation. So he tried an old-fashioned cure. If I remember correctly (this was a long time ago and I was just a kid) she had to eat some heavy cream every two hours. Also he had her on a diet (I think plain pasta was part it???). In any case her condition was cured. See if you can find some information on the internet. I have not researched it. I just know it worked.