Complementary Medicine Community
ginkgo biloba and caffeine interaction??

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Hello pharmicists,

I want to know whether there can be an interaction between Ginkgo biloba and Nescafe coffee (caffeinated). So the question is can ginkgo biloba and caffeine cause anything dangerous or toxic in the body. i do not take any other drugs. please email me soon.
No pharmacists on this site, just people.  As far as I know, there's no adverse reaction, but try the old Google to see if there's more.  The main contraindication with gingko is blood thinners.

I am a physician and have researched drug-herb interactions in med school.  Ginkgo and caffeine can mutually enhance the other's effects, so you would want to be cautious in the case of hypertension.

Warmly,
DrM
www.prescribinginformation.com
hi dr malhotra,

can you tell me more about the interaction between ginkgo biloba and caffeine. u mention hypertension, which is high blood pressure am i right?