Complementary Medicine Community
is 'R11' a safe drug?

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

is 'R11' a safe drug?

Dear doctor,
I suffered from 'chikungunya fever' few years ago.But the pain in & around the joints keep recurruing.
for which I have been prescribed 'R11' homeopathy medicine.Does this drug cure the condition or is
it a symptomatic treatment?.How long the medication to be continued? Are there any side effects.
Please clarify.
This is a homeopathic formula containing several commonly used homeopathic remedies.  It is used for back pain caused by bad discs and such.  This is not typically how homeopathy is used to cure, rather this is a symptomatic relief.  Cures would usually be one constitutional remedy, applied through trial and error, in much higher dilutions than the ones used in formulas.  This might give you some relief, it might not -- homeopathy is very hit and miss.  I have no idea if there is a cure for your condition, but the way to approach that would be to see a homeopathic physician, who would try and find a constitutional remedy that suited you.  And it might change over time as symptoms changed, taking you back through the course you took to get to this point.  Sometimes there are minor side effects from homeopathic remedies; mostly these are from the healing process going through stages, but some people are sensitive to certain remedies. We're all different, and therefore are affected differently by things.  It is also not a drug.
Thanks for your valuable suggestions.I am relieved of the pains as now & would like to continue the treatment as prescribed my homeopathic physician,Thanks again.
I also experienced Chikangunya in December and acupuncture has been bvery helpful to relieve the pain and fatigue that lingered after the fever subsided.

Warmly
DrM

www.prescribinginformation.com