Complementary Medicine Community
need sleep.

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

need sleep.

When I do not take Quetiapine thee is no chance that I will sleep, is there any natural remedies that will help me sleep?
  • Iodine (189 replies):
    Okay here we go....to Iodine or not to Iodine....lol! S...[more]
  • Iodine (12 replies):
    I've been taking Thyroid Complex for about 10 days and I...[more]
Have you tried melatonin?  1mg is the best dose to start at, not the high doses many stores sell.
In addition to melatonin Lugol's solution helps, as does magnesium. There is also Benadryl. I take all of them. They help and there are no side effects.
Are you suffering from high cortisol? This is what keeps me awake at night. Because of the cortisol I also take ashwagandha. Again, no side effects.
When you are in bed,keep your eyes closed, focus your attention on the third eye(in between the two eyebrows) and do anulom vilom pranayam(alternate nostril breathing). As the left and right  brain get extra oxygen, the mind will relax and you will begin to feel drowsy. Try to do anulom vilom in the morning as well.
February 20 ,2012
I believe benadryl does have side effects and can be addictive.  Am I wrong?  And as for Lugol's, before I took iodine I'd look into my thyroid condition to see if that's a factor.  Iodine is good for some thyroid conditions, but aggravates others.