Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
After wisdom teeth extraction

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

After wisdom teeth extraction

I got my wisdom teeth out 8 days ago. All four were removed by an oral surgeon and the bottom two were impacted. I went back for my follow up yesterday, and I was telling him how i was still having problems opening my mouth more than inch. He proceeded to look in my mouth and tell me that everything was healing excellent, but without telling me grabbed my mouth with both hands and tried to force my jaw open. It didn't help at all, it was the most painful experience. I don't know if he was supposed to do that but it didn't help, and to add insult to injury, he and his nurse kept telling me as he was trying to force my jaw open that this wasn't painful and I was just scared, even tho I was in a world of pain. How can I get my jaw to open normally again? I have done salt water rinses and heating pads on the jaw and still am. I also stretch my mouth a lil bit each day for 15 secs and it still hasn't made much of a difference. What should I do???
1 Comment
Your condition is probably known as trismus.A cold spray along the masseter muscle and open your mouth can help . Then warm up, and apply the cold spray again and open mouth. If you are not sure how to do this, you may need to see a physical therapist.