Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Antibiotics and milk products

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Antibiotics and milk products
I went to dentist and had a root filing done. Afterwards, I was given antibiotics to get rid of the infection. I live in Germany and this is the first time I have been prescribed antibiotics in Germany. The dentist, the chemist and my partner all told me not the eat or drink milk products whilst taking the antibiotics. They are Clindamycin AbZ 300 mg.

I have spoken to my family in the UK and searched the internet and can nothing about taking milk based products and antibiotics together.

Is this a German specialty? Please can you offer some information.

Regards

Lawrence
I am not a doctor or dentist but have taken a pharmacy full of antibiotics.  The pharmacist told me it is two fold.  First is a lot of milks have enzymes that are natural and help with digestion called probiotics which will lessen the affect of the antibiotics and second is the the chemical reaction inside the stomach can cause the milk to curl inside of your stomach making you nauseas.  
Hi, thanks for your reply. When I said to the chemist, "10 days and no milk products", she said it is possible to do the following. Eat a meal with no milk products, take the tablet and then after two, you could eat a small amount of milk based products, such as a jougart.

This seems to be working well.