Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Brown teeth near gum line

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Brown teeth near gum line
I have some teeth that are brown near the gum line. I've never had a cavity but my gums seem to be receding in some areas and my teeth have become more sensitive to touch, heat and cold. Does brown teeth near the gum line usually signify calculus, or problems with the roots? Not sure if a periodontist is best if teeth are also involved.
Are you a smoker? Do you consume a lot of tea/coffee? It could be just a staining, have it checked by your dentist first.

I don't smoke, drink black tea, coffee or juices so I don't believe it's staining. This is why I am concerned about decay, and the roots. I'm 38, and I have had TMD with bad teeth grinding in the past. Could it also be related to food allergies or digestion? (Like gluten sensitivities or mineral deficiencies?) Thanks!
Yes certain foods could stain and yes to mineral deficiencies. Please have it evaluated by your dentist, because caries on root structure can progress much faster than on enamel.
Thanks- I can't get a dentist appt. until June.
Is there anything I can do to prevent further problems, aside from brushing/flossing and not grinding my teeth ?
Would a mineral like strontium for strong bones help to re-mineralize? I take magnesium and I eat calcium-rich foods. The lower halves of all of my teeth are yellow-colored (some of the roots are brown) and the top halves are white. Is this also a sign of de-mineralization?

I read that sometimes a shiny brown color could signify caries arrest, but even if the demineralization stops, wouldn't they still need to be repaired?