Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Crown pressure and pain
About This Forum:

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Crown pressure and pain

In Sept. 2009 I had 2 crown preps on lower left side molars. After about 2 days I had severe pain an pressure. Went bact to dentist an he took back temp off, which immediatly I could feel relief. He prescribed an antibiotic an pain meds. He also suggested I purchase a night guard for the pain in my jaw an ear for grinding my teeth, which I did. After several weeks the night guard seemed to help. My permanent crowns were placed an the bite was off again he did some adjusting grinding the crowns and the 2 teeth directly above the crowns. I was in pain once again an went back in an the dentist said my bite had shifted so bad he never seen anything like it in his 34 yrs of practice. he took a TMJ X-ray an said there was no tumor( much to my relief) An after 3 weeks of jaw rest an my night guard had to take my permanent crowns off and replace with temp crowns once again. During the time my temps were on I had no trouble until Mon. now 12-09 when he placed my permanent crowns once again. When he took off temps there was a terriable smell, he did not clean it an just placed them. 2 days later Iam having terriable throbbing an pressure an jaw pain once again. He placed me on antibiotics an pain meds again,this has been 5 days ago. The pressure is still there an throbbing once in awhile an now some pain under tongue. My crowns are larger than my teeth on other side. Could this be part of the problem? He now says I need a Root Canel. Iam so confused an not sure what to do. I don't feel like he is listening to me. Why do I not have these problems when I have the temps on. Please help any suggestions. I'am calling office once again Mon. morning I think these crowns need to come off the pressure is incrediable an I believe its time for another opion