Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Full mouth extraction nightmare
About This Forum:

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Full mouth extraction nightmare

A month ago I had full mouth extraction with twilight anesthesia. I was meant to have dentures and had the immediates put in straightaway. I was told within a week I would be pain free and have to deal only with religns and changing gum structure as this all heals. I was told within a few weeks would be fairly back to normal. It has been a month and since day one have been in constant agonizing pain. Can not fully open my jaw and am having sharp bone fragments protruding through my gums. I have had 10 of these "fissures" removed and currently have 14 of them. My jaw constantly aches at the joint on both sides and I have been unable to wear my immediate dentures since taking them out three days after the surgery due to the pain of these "fissures". Is this normal? I can not think this is common. I have been unable to eat for a month and living on Ensure and vitamins to sustain me. It seems to me a month is far too long to go like this and I can't help but feel this will not get better any time soon. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.