Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
HELP!!! Piece Of Loose Skin on gums!!! Please

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Yes all help would be appreciated!!! I got home from hockey last night and with my tongue I could flip a piece of Skin it seems like on the back of the gums.... and I just noticed it last night but I have noticed a piece of tooth kind of growing out of the gums too.....

I read that this could mean my "Wisdom" teeth are coming in and the dentist will clip the piece of skin off that's basically all I can say I don't know how to describe it better then that....

Like I can almost touch it but I don't wanna yank it out.... not really any pain, but wondering if I should make an appt or will the piece of skin just fall off..... it's at the very back behind all teeth but I can feel a tooth growing out of the gums on both sides but only a piece of loose but connected skin on one side.

Help is greatly appreciated.

You most likely are describing an erupting wisdom tooth. The flap of skin is called an operculum, and is normal for a partially erupted tooth. The wisdom tooth most likely will not erupt fully and remain impacted. This somewhat submerged tooth will at times get infected and be very painful. You will need to have it evaluated and extracted soon.
Thanks so much, I will make an appt ASAP and get the thing taken out lol..... Thanks for your help.

:)
A related discussion, Ouch was started.