Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Halitosis

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Halitosis

I go to the dentist every 6 months for a cleaning and brush and floss on a daily basis. I also have seen a physician and periodonist. My physician did not find anything wrong. He did put me on allegra for my allergies. When I went to the periodonist, she recommended that I get my old fillings replaced with new ones. I did that and I still have bad breath. I thought that would have fixed my halitosis but it did not. I have used all kinds of different mouthwashes and toothpastes and dental flosses. I have to use non-alcholic mouthwashes because listerine dries out my mouth and I have even rinsed out with water after using listerine so my mouth does not dry out. I have been suffering from my halitosis for many years and I can not figure out why? My next step is to go to the ENT doctor. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Tags: Ear, nose
Do you have sinus drainage? Stay on an antihistamine for that. It could be an internal problem.  Are you eating healthy and drinking lots of water and exercise? they also make a toothpaste and mouthwash for dry mouth.  It's call BIOTENE.  This usually helps me.
If ENT can not find the source of halitosis, you may need to see an oral medicine specialist.