Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Hard knot/lump lower jaw bone behind wisdom tooth

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

I have a hard knot/lump on my lower right jaw bone behind my wisdom tooth which is still there. I noticed it yesterday and it makes it hard to close my mouth or eat on that side and it's painful. I just wanted to know if anyone might know what it could be. I have jaw pain from time to time which makes my wisdom tooth ache because I have TMJ, so my doctor told me last year. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks

Tisha
Thanks. I think now it might be another tooth trying to come in. It feels like there might be a tooth under the skin. If so I would need to get it removed b/c I really have no room for another tooth especially since I already have my wisdom teeth. For the TMJ, I was wearing a mouth guard at night but I can't breath with it so I don't wear it anymore. Other than that I don't really do anything which is not a good thing. My jaw hurts medium to bad sometimes and then sometimes not at all. I think it's given me what feels like a migraine before. But I'm going to go to the dentist and get looked at.

Tisha
A related discussion, lump pain was started.