Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Lump under tongue

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Lump under tongue
Hi....I have a small pea sized lump under my tongue on the right side.  It's located in the valley of my mouth between the floor of the tongue and the gum line.  It is below the tissue.  It is painless and has there for 2 years or so.  It has not gotten larger.  I asked my dentist about it a year and a half ago...but she said it was likely nothing.  Is this something I should be more concerned about?  Does anyone know what this could be?  I have a doctor's appointment next week for something unrelated....should I talk to my GP about this?

Thanks so much!!!
thank you so much for your reply.  I will definitely discuss it with my doctor.  I just pressed the lump with my finger (I've  never done that before)...and I notice that I can flatten it by pressing on it.  i hope that is a good sign!  thanks again.
quick follow-up....i checked with the doctor and she thinks its a non-issue with the salivary gland.  
i will definitely keep an eye on it.  thanks!  i have an appointment with the dentist on the 30th for a crown...and i will be sure to ask his opinion as well.