Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Lump under tongue
About This Forum:

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump under tongue

Hi....I have a small pea sized lump under my tongue on the right side.  It's located in the valley of my mouth between the floor of the tongue and the gum line.  It is below the tissue.  It is painless and has there for 2 years or so.  It has not gotten larger.  I asked my dentist about it a year and a half ago...but she said it was likely nothing.  Is this something I should be more concerned about?  Does anyone know what this could be?  I have a doctor's appointment next week for something unrelated....should I talk to my GP about this?

Thanks so much!!!
Tags: tongue, lump, small
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
thank you so much for your reply.  I will definitely discuss it with my doctor.  I just pressed the lump with my finger (I've  never done that before)...and I notice that I can flatten it by pressing on it.  i hope that is a good sign!  thanks again.
Blank
quick follow-up....i checked with the doctor and she thinks its a non-issue with the salivary gland.  
Blank
i will definitely keep an eye on it.  thanks!  i have an appointment with the dentist on the 30th for a crown...and i will be sure to ask his opinion as well.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank