Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Lupus and Teeth

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Lupus and Teeth

I have lupus and for the past two years it seems all my teeth are falling apart. I get the lesions frequently, I've had 4 molars pulled and am running out of teeth to keep! It seems it started when I started taking plaquinel. Two teeth have already abcessed. I went in to fix one and had a localized reaction to the anethestic. And the pain is always ten times worse than the orginial infection afterwards! I have yet to find a dentist that deals with lupus patients in this area. So any suggestions??? Will I need dentures soon?
1 Comment
i have had the same thing going on with my  teeth and i have lost a lot of mine also  . they also say that lupus pat can not get then inplants . but not just that it is so much money . i cant aford to pay for one and they do not have any dentist here that i know of that takes care of lupus pat. i have not been able to work and the ones here do not work with ya . and they dont know any thing about lups. so if any one has found a good dentist in or around albany ga . or one that will or works on lupus pat please let me hear  from you... truley need help my self .