Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Numbness/Odd Taste Roof of Mouth/Tongue

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Numbness/Odd Taste Roof of Mouth/Tongue

I can't remember exactly when this started (definitely within the last week or two). I've been noticing that my sense of taste has been altered. I have had somewhat a metallic taste (not overwhelming) in the last few days. The roof of my mouth also feels numb but numb may be the wrong choice of word because I can feel with it. The best way I can describe the sensation is the way the roof of your mouth would feel after applying benzocaine (Ambesol) on it MINUS the numbness.

I can't really pinpoint a change in my lifestyle/habit that I could attribute this to which has me concerned. About 2 weeks ago, I did start taking creatine every other day (no more than 2 spoons per day) with my workouts.

I also finished up some medication I was on at the end of september, could it be delayed reaction (maybe the drug I was on is fat soluble? I've been exercising heavily ni the last 3 wks).

I went to my physician yesterday who didn't seem concerned about it and thinks it would just go away in time. He looked in my mouth and saw nothing abnormal. He reassured me that he's sees other things that can't be explain that just go away in time. Is this something I should be concerned about?!?!

1 Comment
Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or neurologist is advised.