Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Pain after new crown

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Pain after new crown

I had a new crown placed on tooth #4 in late december due to a cracked tooth. I went back the day after to get the bite adjusted as it was to high.

A few weeks later the bite was still off so I went back becuase I was having sensitivity to hot and cold - this time he said it was the tooth in front of the crown and made some adjustments - he also mentioned that the molars were hitting but didnt want to make any adjustments on them. (not sure why not)

He said all this was brought about from grinding but I have to disagree becuase I have never had any of these symptoms prior to the crown,

I called my old dentist and he prescribed a flexeril to see if infact I was temp grinding due to stress.

In the last few days I am now expierencing pain on that side of my mouth both upper and lower teeth for about 30min then it will subside as well as still sensitive to cold and hot.

I still have my wisdom teeth and am wondering if this could be part of the issue or if something could be wrong with the new crown causing this?

Im at a loss on what to do - any feedback would be appreciated.
1 Comment
Seeing an endodontist and prosthodontist is advised.