Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Pain and swelling on the side of my nose after bone draft and implant t...

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Pain and swelling on the side of my nose after bone draft and implant tooth #8

Hi Doc. I need you advise and your though please.  I have bone draft done for teeth #7 six months ago and implants placed last 3 weeks.   Now, I am in a period of 8 weeks waiting for abuton and soft tissue draft.  There is swelling and pain at the side of my right nose.  It pains when I touch it, open my mouth, coughing, sneezing, or johning.  I feel something pinching inside when I open my mouth to the feft.  I have consulted with my surgeon, and took xray, there is no infection.  I don't like the bone block is too bulky under my lip then He will sand off some bone next surgery What is the problem?  Is it the bone block too big and sharp or it touching the nerves or something?  Thank you for your advise, it may help me alot.
Dear Vivivan,

you said that the bone graft was done 6 months ago.. did you have this pain and discomfort all along? or did it just begin after the implant placement?
Tooth #7 is in the front right of your face, I can understand and justify some of your symptoms but then some others not..
See another surgeon for a second opinion and take another x-ray. This does not sound very good.

Hope this helps.

H.Nassery, DMD
My second opinion said that the bone block is mobile and He would not let the bone expose like this.  I went back to my Periodentist (Surgeon) he did 4th surgery on my jaw, sanding off a little access bone, add some powder bone and graft up, but there is not enought gum tissue to cover all.  The ridge is now shorten than before sugery, it shorts than both side.  I keep ask him to make the dridge (jaw) higher (longer) to have a smile curve, but I don't think it going to happen.  My Doc. will submit the buttons with temp. crowns next 2 months. I am very disappoint, stress out and worry when He does not telling what to expect.  It is hard to communicate at this point since both of us are runing out pateint.  My question is what is possible to make the faw and gum line up with both sides? Can aloderm replace? but is fall off in 2nd sugery.  Or it is better to have the tissue from the roof of my mouth replace there?  Please advise, so I can rise my concern and expect with my Doc. before it too late.  

Your honest opinion is a big help that may calm my worry.
Thank a lot
Vivian