Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Piece of tooth left after extraction?

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Piece of tooth left after extraction?

I had a tooth extraction 6 months ago and I still feel pain and when I touch it feels tender and open and the other day I felt something hard, and it hurt a lot. I do not whant to go back to that dentist because she is too sloppy, she messed up my bite first and I do not trust her. How do I know if there's any piece of tooth left inside?
Dear patient
It is unfortunate of what you are going through. If there are loose bone chips they sometimes work there way to the top of the site and feel like sharp area. To be sure of it you would need and x-ray. If you do not want to return to the original dentist you may should go to a different one....of course there will be some additional charges! But x-rays and a consultations are usually covered by your insurance.