Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Scarred tissue on inner cheek

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Scarred tissue on inner cheek

I have two broken wisdom teeth that I have had for a few years now both on the same side of the mouth one on top and one on bottom. The tissue on the cheek that is right beside the teeth has a scarred look to it. almost as if its indented part of the cheek causing a small soft lumpy spot right beside the indent. its kinda like as if the tooth bit the skin leaving an indent and one side puffed up. but its not really swollen. its is exactly where the two teeth would have met together except now they dont meet anymore. the teeth are jagged though. Does this sound normal to have scar tissue from the teeth irritating innder cheek and is it true that constant irritation to the inner cheek can cause cancer?
the tissue is almost the same color as the skin maybe a slight bit darker but basically the same color. and its a soft lump.when I feel it it does not feel like a lump it just appears like a lump when looking at it. its only slightly raised also.
slight bit lighter i meant to say not darker
Your descriptions do not suggest a cancerous lesion. Malignant transformation is highly unlikely. However, if you are concerned, seeing an oral surgeon is advised.