Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Smelly Plaque
About This Forum:

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Smelly Plaque

Hey, this question is more complicated then just "brush your teeth" :) I brush twice a day and floss once a day and my problem is not going away. Every night before I go to bed, I floss and for some reason my plaque smells really bad. I asked my people if my breath smelled bad, and they say no. Maybe they are just humoring me, I don't know but my plaque is really smelly. I asked my doctor and she just said... floss more. Please help me! I feel there may be something more going on inside, but I hate going to the doctors unprepared. Thanks a million!

Related Discussions
782045_tn?1238196925
Dear Patient
Have you tried rinsing with BreathRx after brushing?
6 Comments
Blank
882170_tn?1240588769
I do use mouthwash, but isn't it possible that perhaps I have a degestive problem if every night my plague is very smelly? My doctor told me to take over the counter drugs for acid reflex, but I looked up the symptons of acid reflex and I truly believe this is not the problem. I would really appreciate it if you could re-examine my question for possible further diagnosis. Thanks again!
Blank
782045_tn?1238196925
Sometimes the food you eat will contribute to bacterial breakdown in plaque. I do not think it is an acid reflux issue. More likely the food you eat and the normal bacterial host of your mouth.
Blank
882170_tn?1240588769
Thanks so much for answering back, this will be my last question. Is it possible that it could be early stages of gum disease? What would be other symptoms of that? Thanks again!
Blank
782045_tn?1238196925
No. Plaque is not a sign of periodontal disease. It is sign of gingivitis. If you had periodontal problems, such as bone loss, I am sure your dentist would have said something.
As I said in my early post, switch to BreathRx.
Blank
902263_tn?1245218153
If you can smell your mouth and your friends cannot, could it be that your sinuses have a problem? I know we all thing we smell more than we usually do (we are more perceptive to our own smell) but sometimes smell is off when our sinuses are infected. Maybe something you should ask your MD to look into?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank