Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Swollen Cheek + TMJ?

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Swollen Cheek + TMJ?
Hi, have had a slightly swollen left cheek for 4 weeks. Went to MD 11 days ago, he thought it was infected jaw from root canal. Put me on Amoxicillin 1700(?) mg/day for 10 days. Finished it today. Had no discernible effect. Have sev'l root canals, and only premolars (no molars) on swollen side.  Dentist thought it was TMJ because x-rays looked OK 9 days ago. Swelling gets worse overnight usually, and in general, sort of comes and goes. Much worse the last couple of days. I use a CPAP machine, and the mask cuts across the area where the swelling is. My question is should I see a TMJ specialist, a maxillofacial dentist, who? The teeth do not hurt, the cheek does when the swelling is up. It feel like an egg-shaped mass right below the cheek bone and back by the TMJ joint extending toward the front and lower face. No fever. Thanks!
Your descriptions don't suggest tmj related condition. Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.