Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Weird white bump behind second molar

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Weird white bump behind second molar
I have a strange white/grey spot on where my bottom third molars are supposed to be, I picked at it and they started bleeding, I don't know if this is thrush, stuck foood, the tooth itself? I don't see any thrushlike conditions around my mouth and in fact my doctor has told me I do not have thrush, but these bumps have been around for awhile, years at least and I thought it was just the tooth. I'm going to the dentist Tuesday, but I'd like some peace of mind, I'm a realtively healthy 27 year old, a bit of a hypochondriac, I am a social drinker and non smoker, I'm straight, my last HIV test was in 2004, and i've only had unprotected sex with one partner since then
thank you
I picked at it with a toothpick, I dug at the gum with my toothpick, probably taking a piece of the gum with it, I didn't scrape it, but literlaly dug my toothpick into the bump, so I think I may have answered my own question, I should stop self diagnosing myself because I'm going to further harm myself
Actually now that I thought about it more, looked at it again...it was probably food but I picked at it so much with the tooth, I took a piece of gum with it, I think I'm being paranoid