Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
What are my options, I am running out of time.
About This Forum:

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What are my options, I am running out of time.

Since I do not have dental insurance I have lost all but nine of my teeth. I have upper dentures. My lower teeth are rotting because I don't have the money to get root canals, much less implants. I spent thousands trying to save the upper teeth and they are all gone anyway. I have tried to go to the dental school clinics but they turned me down because my problems are so bad. I got on a no-interest payment plan but there is not enough credit to do what needs to be done. Eventually, I am going to need implants but how do I find a dentist that will work with me? Implants are thousands of dollars and I am desperate to save the ones I have but I feel like I have no place to turn. The clock is ticking, my teeth are throbbing and I have nowhere to go. I have been fighting this battle since I was four years old. I am thirty-two, it feel's so hopeless.  
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I am thirtysix and I also have been going through life long dental problems.  I hate to say this cat but after investigating every road myself, you are better off getting dentures.  An Implant and crown will run you a bare minimum of $2500.00 a piece now if you get all the lowers you need done you would have a down payment on a house.  I have been turned down by over 18 different public services for dental and am now working three jobs just to get out of the pain.  So what I found out was that they can root canal four different teeth and put this little metal post on them for a new style of denture called an overdenture.  It is still removeable but since it partially fastens the chance of it slipping or coming out and emerassing you are almost eliminated.  Now I live in the Portland Oregon area and we have some of the most expensive dentist and prostodontist in the US.  To figure out what it will cost you you can use Oregons figures which is about four hundred per root canal, $185 per extraction, and an lower over deture for about $1500.00.

I hope this helps
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...