Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Yellow Patch of Skin after Wisdom Extraction
About This Forum:

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Yellow Patch of Skin after Wisdom Extraction

I just had a wisdom teeth extraction of the top two teeth and one in the bottom right of the jaw. Five days later, I noticed a very faint, but still noticeable under the right lighting conditions, yellow patch that runs from the bottom right of the jaw (right where the extracted tooth was) to midway down the right side of my neck.

Please note, the extracted tooth on the bottom right was on its side (literally perpendicular to the other teeth) when they extracted it. This left me with a couple of stitches and a swelling on the right side. But now that the swelling is gone, this yellow patch just showed up.

Is this a normal process of the healing after the swelling subsides? If so, how long does it normally take to go away? Also, I notice that as I look directly up or down, I can feel that part of the skin shifting weight. Is that normal too?