Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Yellow Patch of Skin after Wisdom Extraction

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

I just had a wisdom teeth extraction of the top two teeth and one in the bottom right of the jaw. Five days later, I noticed a very faint, but still noticeable under the right lighting conditions, yellow patch that runs from the bottom right of the jaw (right where the extracted tooth was) to midway down the right side of my neck.

Please note, the extracted tooth on the bottom right was on its side (literally perpendicular to the other teeth) when they extracted it. This left me with a couple of stitches and a swelling on the right side. But now that the swelling is gone, this yellow patch just showed up.

Is this a normal process of the healing after the swelling subsides? If so, how long does it normally take to go away? Also, I notice that as I look directly up or down, I can feel that part of the skin shifting weight. Is that normal too?
1 Comment
The yellow patches are just bruises, I know they may not look like normal bruising but that's what it is, they may get darker before fading or they may simply fade and go without worsening at all, I thought mine were because my neck was dirty and tried washing them off!! You've just had invasive surgery, the entire face around the jaw and neck and towards the ears are going to feel a little strange, maybe tight and stiff, sore, achey (achy) etc, everyone is different and every surgery is different, things will take a while to heal fully but you should be well on the way back to normality in about 10-14 days.
A related discussion, Wisdom tooth extraction was started.