Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
asymmetric gums

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

asymmetric gums
I noticed my lower teeth (3 away from middle) on each side have asymetric gums.  one has a lot more gum tissue than the other and looks normal, but the one on the right has significantly less.  The 4 teeth in between have somewhere in the middle.  The gums otherwise look ok, no redness or bleeding.  No pain.  Is this an indicator of a cosmetic problem or a more serious problem.  I am 28, and have had no tooth problems besides a few cavities in the back.  I brush religiously, floss occasionally (which I will change!) and haven't seen my dentist in a little over a year.  I scheduled an appointment, but they can't get me in for 2 months and I am worried.  Please help!  Thanks.
it appears that you are having some degree of gum recession. canine and bicuspids tend to have more gum recession than other teeth. There may not be periodontal disease involved.