bone graph
My dentist has recommended extracting the #19 tooth he also wants to do a bone graph. Is it absolutely necessary? I can see there is bone loss in the xray. I will probably have bridgework done after.
Recommending a bone graft immediately after extraction can be a good idea, if in the future an implant is going to be placed. If a bridge is the option you select for replacement of tooth#19, a bone graft would be indicated in some cases where there is a severe amount of bone destruction around that tooth, such that the healed area would leave a large open space. This makes the placement of the bridge and subsequent cleaning in and around the bridge more difficult. If the tooth has relatively healthy bone around it, a bone graft may not be necessary.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.