Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
mouth can't b opened

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

mouth can't b opened
sir,

my mom has got her upper wisdom tooth extracted.the tooth was infected and it had only its root embedded in gum tissue.the crown of tooth had broken Broken bone
Broken or knocked out tooth earlier. once the infected tooth caused swelling
Swelling disappeared.then my mom got her tooth exracted with surgeory.

sir,the problem is that after that surgeory my mom is unable to open her mouth fully she can open her mouth only slightly,she cant even eat comfortably. she is very worried why she cant open her mouth.she complains of pain in angle of mandible,and a pull on tongueTongue tie.

can u please tell me what should be the problem. though upper wisdom tooth was extracted why she can't open her mouth

thank you

ainny.
Hi,  I had the problem of not being able to open my mouth after having a filling. If the pain is in more than just the original spot and seems out of proportion, you may wish to consider that it could be same problem I had. I had Complex Regional Pain Syndrom, and it was cured with a week or two of medication to block the nervous system signals. BUT, I think you would want to see a VERY good dentist/MD that does a VERY THOROUGH investigation to see if there is a problem with the joint. The one I went to is an expert in the temperomandibular joint and people from around the world go to see him. It costs $$ but worth it to be cured. (I know after going to a bad dentist and having a procedure on that joint that only made it worse.) You may be able to get a referal to a DR in your area, or you may want to see the one I went to. Look for Dr Piper on the internet at pipererc.com   In any case, I wish you the best in your search to help your mother.
Restricted mouth opening after a lengthy dental procedure is commonly associated with disc displacement or muscle apasm. Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.