Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
pain in eyelid after dental implant

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

pain in eyelid after dental implant

I had a dental implant and a crown on top of it on the upper jaw, one of the back teeth. The area around the implant feels a little bit numb, under my eye there is a senstation, and just below the eyebrow hurts. Periodic headache on above the ear area occurs, usually night time. I keep taking pain-killers. I have been in pain for over one month.
Is this normal after dental impant?
Your symptomatologiy is not a common manefestation of implant infection.Seeing an orofacial pain specialist is advised.
Thank you for the advice. It is appreciated.
Hi i had upper implants and experienced horrible pain in my eye, sinus and nose onset after placement. I have decided to have them removed.
I think it is connected with the implant, my pain around eye and above ear  area. The dentist claim it is not but I know it is. It seems that when I take pain-killers it numbs a little bit. I brushed the inner part of the crown with a nail file and the pressure has eased  in last two days, but I still have a discomfort. I am going to remove the crown from the implant as I want to get some rest from pain.
Thanks again  to you guys with these very useful to know remarks and I am sorry to hear, painful experiences, as I am in one now.
I hope this all helps us to understand the possible complications with dental implants.