Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
parotid gland red and tiny bump

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

parotid gland red and tiny bump

I have had a crown for years and was told awhile ago it was ill fitted. I do notice thatwhrn i floss there is an odor there and it seems like my gum has receded a bit.I chew nocotine gum. The other day my mouth was very dry and i kep putting my tongue by my tooth and rubbimg my tooth. That night I develoed a fever that lasted for a day and a hlf (101), a sore throat, stuffy nose and laryngitis. i went to the doc and I also showed him the rd bump in my moth wjich he said was my parotid gland blocked. He prescribed zithromax and said to come back if the bump remains there after two weeks.

Should I go to the dentis for an mary to sdee if I have n infecion (infection) under my crown? can the dentist do an xray of the parotid gland? Can I travel in a plane? i am supposed to go away this weekend but my throat and ears hurt/
1 Comment
Seeing a dentist is advised.