Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
wisdom tooth extraction numbness and frontal tooth pain

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Hi Doc,
  I had 4 wisdom tooth pulled 6 days ago. I still have numbness in left lower lip. the left bottom wisdom tooth gave dentist a problem and he has to drill almost 5 or 6 times to get the tooth in pieces. I have throbbing frontal tooth pain only canine and 2 anteriors next to it behind left lower lip. I had excruciating pain last night and woke up from sleep. why is this frontal teeth pain happening?. will numbness in lower left lip go away?. when i push those frontal teeth having pain with my tongue pain worsens. is the pain because of tooth shifting?. or did alveolar nerve got any damage while surgery?. please tell me.
Your descriptions suggest traumatic trigeminal neuropathy. Early intervention of pharmacologic management is beneficial to recovery of nerve function. If your dentist can not manage your problem, you may need to see an orofaial pain specialist or neurologist.
thanks for reply. i went to doc today and fortunately the pain is subsiding. he said to wait a week and see if it will go away. hope so. thanks