Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
Anxiety
About This Forum:

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Anxiety
Hi,

I have had GAD for the past 11 months and have been recieveing pycotherapy every since which has helped me alot, however i do get anxious throughtout the day and have many worrying thoughts going through my head like i am going to go crazy, i notince i mind chatter alot, anyway over the past 5 months i think that my vision had become disotated.  When i look at Light back grounds like the sky or dark black colours i see loads off whitle static spots and its like looking at a fuzzt TV set.  This is contstant through out the day and it does get worse when i am anxious. i have been to get my eyes tested and they told me my eyes are very health, It plays on my mind all day and i cant stop thinking about it and its making me very anxious! Do you think that i could have HPPD and do you think Medication may help to relieve some off the sytmpoms?  Any help would be great

Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
716143 tn?1232351325
The HPPD diagnosis would require previous use of hallucinagens.  Given your level of anxiety and preoccupation, a med eval would be a good idea.  I don't have a clear sense of what is going on with the visual symptoms but it is worth treating the emotional impact regardless.  Given you CF diagnosis, I wonder if some of the very understandable emotions around that are taking a toll.

tg

Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Thanks for your help i have in the past stuipidy taken a hullucinaginic drug once and also ecstacy many times but i have not taken any drugs since my first anxiety attack 11 months ago and for the first 5 months of my anxiety my vision was normal it just come on round christmas and i hadnt off taken any susbstances for 6months which i find strange why its come on.  but i will take your advice and speak to my GP about maybe medication.  Thanks again for your quick repsonce.

Kind regards
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now