Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
Compulsive Lying
About This Forum:

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Compulsive Lying

Hi,
I hope you can help me. I told a lie a while ago at my old workplace,( lets call it company A), I lied about where i grew up and chose a poorer area than the one i actually grew up in.). I suppose i lied to embelish the truth for Sympathy, I really regret this now and would do anything to take it back. Someone at my current workplace has found out this is a lie and has now told my old work collegues that i lied, (and that i'm a compulsive lier).  I am going back to work for company A in a few months and am not sure what to do? I have learnt my lesson and stopped lying and don't want to carry on with the the lie once i go back.
Many Thanks