Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
Really bothered

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

Really bothered

A few months back my friend's 6 yr old son was rough housing with me and of course being 6 and young he was touching my breasts and pushing me into a wall playfully but I didn't stop him or correct him when he piushed on my breasts, I don;t remember telling him no cuz he was so young and I wasn't gonna push him back. Now I feel like what I did was inappropriate. A guy I really like was there and was watching the whole thing and I don't know if that's why I didn't stop it cuz I was "showing off". I feel like a sex predator now and it is really bothering me. Has anyone ever been through this? I was NOT turned on by it and was NOT thinking anything sexual but is is still bothering me.
While one could argue the pros's and con's of handling the situation in different ways, that is not really the issue here.  The fact that you are guilt-tripping yourself now and in such an extreme way,  is very typical of what some call scrupulosity, definitely a symptom of OCD.  The relentless, hyper-moralistic tone of the accusatory voice is not the work of thoughtful reflection like"Hmmm, perhaps next time I would think about trying a different approach."  Both the tone and the content are clear indications it is OCD at work.

Add my vote to the other two.

tg

I have had 2 doctors ease my mind. One said it is my mind playing tricks on me since this happened a few months back my mind is playing games now cuz I worry so much and it is now that I am questioning things whether they are inappropriate to me or not. is this true? I have really bad OCD and anxiety.
add your vote to the other 2? what is that? Sorry I am just a bit confused :)
"While one could argue the pros's and con's of handling the situation in different ways, that is not really the issue here." What does that mean? I am really worried, this issue has been very bothersome for me and has made me very emotional.
I meant that I agree with the other two doctors you mentioned.

tg

What I see as the main problem is your giving yourself such a hard time and extreme accusations.  In my opinion that is the issue to focus on.

tg