Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
Really bothered
About This Forum:

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Really bothered
A few months back my friend's 6 yr old son was rough housing with me and of course being 6 and young he was touching my breasts and pushing me into a wall playfully but I didn't stop him or correct him when he piushed on my breasts, I don;t remember telling him no cuz he was so young and I wasn't gonna push him back. Now I feel like what I did was inappropriate. A guy I really like was there and was watching the whole thing and I don't know if that's why I didn't stop it cuz I was "showing off". I feel like a sex predator now and it is really bothering me. Has anyone ever been through this? I was NOT turned on by it and was NOT thinking anything sexual but is is still bothering me.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
12 Answers
Page 1 of 1
716143_tn?1232351325
While one could argue the pros's and con's of handling the situation in different ways, that is not really the issue here.  The fact that you are guilt-tripping yourself now and in such an extreme way,  is very typical of what some call scrupulosity, definitely a symptom of OCD.  The relentless, hyper-moralistic tone of the accusatory voice is not the work of thoughtful reflection like"Hmmm, perhaps next time I would think about trying a different approach."  Both the tone and the content are clear indications it is OCD at work.

Add my vote to the other two.

tg

Discussion is closed
Cancel
I have had 2 doctors ease my mind. One said it is my mind playing tricks on me since this happened a few months back my mind is playing games now cuz I worry so much and it is now that I am questioning things whether they are inappropriate to me or not. is this true? I have really bad OCD and anxiety.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
add your vote to the other 2? what is that? Sorry I am just a bit confused :)
Discussion is closed
Cancel
"While one could argue the pros's and con's of handling the situation in different ways, that is not really the issue here." What does that mean? I am really worried, this issue has been very bothersome for me and has made me very emotional.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
716143_tn?1232351325
I meant that I agree with the other two doctors you mentioned.

tg

Discussion is closed
Cancel
716143_tn?1232351325
What I see as the main problem is your giving yourself such a hard time and extreme accusations.  In my opinion that is the issue to focus on.

tg
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank