Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
axiety and danger

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

axiety and danger

ok, i dont want to think i mad or anything but ide like to know before i realy do.basicly ever since my gran died(the closest and loveble person of my life) ive trodding along problems, a lot of problems with parents, friends and at school.ive lost a lot of people in my life and i thibnk in a way it was kind of my fault, and i keep beating my self up for it(no self hrming or commiting suicide) although i did feel like i wanted to.and a couple of months a go i have started to realise that i a strange feeling inside me keeps  hitting me, i know this sounds wierd but, basically i see things from corners of my eyes and shadows or darkness, this has styarted to make me feelk scaired about things, things that i dont even know of. i also have very unusual dreams that arnt vey pleasent. i keep feelinmg i need my gran back.i tyend to loose concentration and intrest in things, even people in school have told me that i hacve bee acting very quite and at that back, wehich isnt realy like me since i used to very bubbly and up for anything.i feel very scairdof the tyniest things and have alot of problems at home which make me cry a lot, my parents try their hardest bless them but i just seem to get the wrong side of things i guess. i get very very uncontolabley scaird when im alone or when i try falling asleep.i dont know whats happening i feel upset over the tyniest things.am i some kind of freak or am i just a normal teenager going through a stage. please help!
I agree with Jaquta on this one.  It sounds like you could use professional mental health help dealing with your very understandable grief at the loss of your grandmother.  You are definitely not a freak but could use some help.

What can you do to get that started?

tg

I think you have unresolved grief issues from the death of your grandmother.  It's possible there are elements of anxiety and depression in there as well.
I would suggest seeing a doctor and following that up with some counselling.

The expert here is really good at providing insights into our situations and behaviors.  He is better able to tell you what he believes is going on, etc and perhaps direct you in the most appropriate direction.