Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
obsession over past
About This Forum:

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

obsession over past

I have a extreme tendency to obsess over past issues they are usually events that I regret and embarass me I think about these events often when I am stressed out in phases usually and any reminder of the events can trigger a episode I always feel the same sense of embarassment or shame over what happened and it can effect my mood they episode is usually over quickly. I have tried some methods of coping like thinking of a blank sheet of paper until I feel better or counting to try to block the episode from hitting me sometimes it works pretty good but not fully  Please help me I ahve really no access to dr.  I am a mother of 2 small children and want to get rid of this problem. what are some other coping strategies I can use any info would be helpful