Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
what can I do to stop masturbating so frequently?

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

I started having this problem ever since I was about 12 years old ( probably because that was around the time I found the playboy channel on TV). At first, I masturbated about once every 2 weeks. But by the time I was 14 I found myself doing 4 to 5 times a week. Now I'm 18 and I masturbate atleast once a day and I'm having some serious problems with putting this habit to a stop. What do I do? Is there some kind of method or cure for compulsive masturbation? Does it have any effect on my fertility?
Is there a reason that you consider this a problem?  It may actually help your fertility.  The key question is if the behavior is a response to sexual needs or is an outlet for non-sexual agendas.

tg

Oh yeah, and I'm a guy, just so you know
I don't think I have ever had a woman come in with this concern.  Plenty with compulsive sexual encounters, but not masturbation.

tg

A related discussion, Please let me know was started.
to stop masturbation you could just throw out whatever you masturbate to