Microsoft Outlook 2007
Has anyone had problems with Windows 7 and microsoft outlook 2007 in not being able to send mail?  I ran into this as I recently installed the above mentioned on a toshiba laptop Satellite A505 (I7) 64 bit.  I looked online last & saw there have been problems with this going back some time.  

If I have to resort temporarily to a work around, I can by installing Thunderbird or something similar.  Windows 7 didn't come with a  native email program like previous versions ..live mail (vista) and outlook express with earlier editions.

I gather I could import in live mail from Vista (saw some references to it) but would prefer getting outlook 2007 to work if possible.

I hadn't considered getting the beta 2010 as that means giving up on what I installed on this laptop.  As a last resort, I could uninstall it & install it on a computer with an older OS on it, but once again....time it takes to do so is time I would rather spend on something else.

I would appreciate any ideas/tips.

Thank you,
D.
I am happy to report I found an answer today:-)  I was almost to the point of installing thunderbird.  I may still do that later as I haven't used it yet & heard good reports about it.  

If anyone has a problem the same as mine, pm me & I will share how I solved it.

:-))
Gee, if you'll just post the solution then we'll all know. :-)

Or did you just install Windows 8? I use Outlook 2007 and it seems to work pretty good with Win 7 (touch wood, lol).
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.