Microsoft Outlook 2007
Has anyone had problems with Windows 7 and microsoft outlook 2007 in not being able to send mail?  I ran into this as I recently installed the above mentioned on a toshiba laptop Satellite A505 (I7) 64 bit.  I looked online last & saw there have been problems with this going back some time.  

If I have to resort temporarily to a work around, I can by installing Thunderbird or something similar.  Windows 7 didn't come with a  native email program like previous versions ..live mail (vista) and outlook express with earlier editions.

I gather I could import in live mail from Vista (saw some references to it) but would prefer getting outlook 2007 to work if possible.

I hadn't considered getting the beta 2010 as that means giving up on what I installed on this laptop.  As a last resort, I could uninstall it & install it on a computer with an older OS on it, but once again....time it takes to do so is time I would rather spend on something else.

I would appreciate any ideas/tips.

Thank you,
D.
I am happy to report I found an answer today:-)  I was almost to the point of installing thunderbird.  I may still do that later as I haven't used it yet & heard good reports about it.  

If anyone has a problem the same as mine, pm me & I will share how I solved it.

:-))
Gee, if you'll just post the solution then we'll all know. :-)

Or did you just install Windows 8? I use Outlook 2007 and it seems to work pretty good with Win 7 (touch wood, lol).
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Dee1956 commented on 13 mar
Aug 10
meegWpaw commented on 13 mar
Aug 10
10356 commented on 13 mar
Aug 09