Congestive Heart Failure Community
20% heart function

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

20% heart function

my father was dignosed yesterday with congestive heart failure. the doctor in our hospital told him he was using only 20% of his heart and had 2 leaking valves. they transfered him to a larger hospital that was more equipped with dealing in cardiac areas, when he got there the did another ekg and said the he had lost more of his heart and he was functioning lower than 20% and his kidneys were failing. the doctors put a heart catheter in and then told him there was nothing more they could do for him even though he was in the best level 3 trama hospital in the state and sent him to another hospital that is " more advanced" he is now there. what are the chances of him making it through? he also is battling cancer and they have my father thinking that he can have a heart transplant as a last resort. do i need to prepare myself for the worst?
carmela
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition